12.01.2006

Heavy Duty Rock & Roll

So I missed like the first 5 shows on my list due to lack of funds, lack of concert going companions, and band stuff. I'm going to deftones tonight and probably converge sunday, but I'm gonna miss Jeremy Enigk and 27 next week. Bummer! I really wanted to see both of those shows. Oh well.

Top 10 albums is coming along nicely. 51 new albums last year have been narrowed down to just over 20. I'm determined to let no record be left behind this year. Last few years I do a top 10 and then January comes around and I discover all this music I missed out on. I know it's not possible to own everything, but I've done a decent job this year. If CD's cost $10, I've spent $510 on just new releases this year. Now tell me that the internet is hurting record companies. Sure some of them weren't $10, some were more, some were less. I also didn't buy all of them myself. Some were gifts. I also bought plenty of back catalog records last year. The 51 also doesn't count compilations, splits, re-releases, and live albums. I'm definetly gonna cut back in 2007. There are several great releases coming up that I'm very excited for, but I'm gonna try and keep it to the albums I need.

Explosions in the Sky tickets go on sale in 10 minutes. March 21, 2007! Middle East Downstairs! FUCK YEAH.

No comments: