8.03.2006

"Organic Cereal" or "Bats in the Belfry!"

I think I will continue my theme of the double title. Maybe one day they will be puns! I am sitting here eating organic Rice Krispies with some organic milk and it is damned good. Eating organic and healthy is cool. I just wished that I liked more things so I could eat healthy. I just wish I could eat spaghetti all day everyday!

Dipthong practice...Well we played decent. We all seemed incredibly bored. So we were gonna start working on something new and that didn't work. Fucking Patty and Julie were there. Whatever. Talked about the tour but of course it's not gonna happen like I wanted it to. Not everyone has their shit together. Sucks. Hopefully early October. There were 2 bats flying around the hallways. It was very cool. Too bad there were no metal bands around to bite the bat's head off! METAL!!!!!!

I thought about the last 2 weeks. I've played with 3 different bands. 3 guitarists, 3 bass players, 3 drummers. 3 completely different styles of music. I used 3 separate guitars, 3 different style rigs, 3 different heavy guitar tones. It's kinda cool to be able to just jump from band to band like that. If you add Porter and In Dire Need I've hung out with 5 bands doing 5 completely different styles of rock. Rock and roll rules.

I'm listening to new Mastodon. I'm totally pysched for this record. You should check out the 2 songs they have on their myspace yes'm.

You should also listen to the Writer's Almanac podcast. It's great.

Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.

No comments: